Meet Our Creative Team - Melissa

Hi, I’m Melissa Andrew and I’m completely addicted to coloring Whimsy stamps!  I have three children and I work full time as a senior research assistant at a Children’s hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio.  I love creating fun cards and the occasional project.  Art relieves stress and helps me to be thankful for the little things in life.

1.)   If you had to choose, what would your top 3 favorite Whimsy products be and why?  Stamps of course because I LOVE to color.  Enamel dots (I LOVE the matte Christmas Cheer dots) because they go with all of my Christmas cards.  Matching dies because fussy cutting takes too much time!!!

2.)   If you could have a super power, what would it be?  To make more time in the day for crafting.

3.)   List 3 things someone would be surprised to learn about you?  I hate to shop, unless it’s for craft supplies.  I have a sister who also crafts and she is AMAZING and has every crafty supply known to man.  Also, I have a huge crush on Russel Wilson the quarterback for Seattle.

4.)   What Whimsy stamp or stamp set could you not live without and why?  Holiday Mini Sentiments and Everyday Mini Sentiments because they always work with all my creations for sentiments.

5.)   What is your favorite color combo and favorite coloring medium?  I love all color combos because I like to create backgrounds for my images and of course Copics.

6.)   If you had to survive on just 3 foods, what would they be?  Pizza, spaghetti and chocolate

7.)   What do you like most about being a member of the Whimsy Creative Team?  That’s so easy, Denise is a wonderful owner and takes such good care of her team.  Also, the team itself.  Wonderful kind artists that inspire me everyday.

8.)   What challenges you when stamping/crafting?  Time is probably the biggest challenge for me.  I have a full time job and three kids.  I often craft very tired at the end of the day.

Here is my favorite project, but picking a favorite was EXTREMELY hard. I had to recruit hubby to help because I love all my Whimsy Stamps.  I chose this one because the image is really sweet and I like my color choices.  Also, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy!!!


4 comments

  1. Mel, you completely amaze me! You are such a busy lady yet you do find the time to make these amazing cards! I love this one too! Can I have that super power too? Oh and when it comes to shopping, I too only like to shop for craft supplies(in fact too much)! I secretly have s crush on Russel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely reading your bio Melissa. Love your sweet card, it is such a gorgeous image xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team